Thursday, June 21, 2012

Katy Perry Knows that Agonizing Feeling

I'm not sure if she just stepped out of Plato's Cave or if she's describing the feeling you get when you realize that the idea/paper you've put so much time and effort into is completely wrong. Either way, it seems like students of philosophy have a sympathizer in Katy Perry :)


"Yeah, I was in the dark.
I was falling hard 
With an open heart
I'm wide awake.  
How did I read the stars 
So wrong. 
I'm wide awake

And now it's clear to me  
That everything you see 
Ain't always what it seems
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was dreaming for so long."

In the pre-chorus Katy Perry offers a nice explanation of the shock and pain you experience when you come out of Plato's Cave:
"I wish I knew then 
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in. 
Wouldn't bow down. 
Gravity hurts.
You made it so sweet, 
'Til I woke up on, 
On the concrete."

Though it hurts, it sounds like Katy Perry's quest for truth has left her happier than she was before ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment